Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore refrigerator/top freezer

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 6:30:51 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:
2001 vintage, model 105.60982991

The door frame where the freezer door gasket seals against when closed is
hot.

I know this is the defrost cycle, but it stays hot. The fridge works fine.
I am assuming the defrost heater is stuck on.

Any thoughts?

I am thinking I can disconnect the heater and let the fridge run normal,
except for that. Or I can buy a replacement timer or switch if it is simple
and cheap enough.

How to I access the heater wires to disconnect, or the part needing
replacement?

Thanks.

Most modern refrigerators have door frame heaters (electric or hot gas) to prevent condensation and ice buildup around the door gasket to ensure a good seal. Believe it or not, the dirtier the refrigerator condenser coil, the hotter the condenser gas door heater will be. ^_^

http://www.applianceaid.com/heat-aro...rator-door.php

[8~{} Uncle Fridge Monster