Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Final touches on kitchen

On 09/02/2015 11:37 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 04:32:34 -0500, philo wrote:

On 09/02/2015 01:44 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 21:09:42 -0500, philo wrote:

We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Holy 1960s Batman. A pull down!
I haven't seen one of those since I threw away my bell bottoms ;-)

It did clean up nice.

It was just what the kitchen needed.

Sheesh, can't even remember how long ago it was when I had bell bottoms!

Retro seems to be back now...I see kids wearing retro-60's clothes and
laugh. The tie-dye shirts are mass-manufactured prints!

I was actually looking for that ball with the cord winder for a lamp
in our rec room but I ended up making the whole thing myself.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/pull%20down.jpg

Good job...

Normally I do everything half-assed and my wife insists on doing
everything right. This time, while I was re-wiring the lamp and fooling
with the retractor to get it working...my wife told me not to
bother...just leave it there for looks...once we get it up there will be
no need to raise and lower it