Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default How about a welder for edm power source?

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:29:23 -0700 (PDT), SteamboatEd Haas
wrote:

--Did you submerge the operation in a dielectric like mineral oil? It doesn't really work unless the arc is constrained by some sort of goo.

I didn't, based on Huntress' suggestion that the tap burners he used
were run in air. Might try that sometime, but found a commercial edm
shop nearby with a $75 hourly rate that said they could do it in under
an hour, so we'll see. Definitely cheaper than all those caps,
transformers, etc., even surplus.

I am going to invest in a hand tapping machine, though. Well worth
it.

Pete Keillor