Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Roof nail extension question

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/1/2015 11:32 AM, wrote:
I have extended my air using a commercial grade garden hose. That
will have no problem handling the 80-100 PSI recommended for air
nailers. YMMV if you use a cheap vinyl one.
It was easy for me because my compressor uses the same fitting to get
to the piping in my shop but you can make up adapters.

The garden hose with the larger diameter will
also hold more air (between the compressor
and the nailer). That would help provide a
bit of buffer space.

I do have some garden hose. Not really needed
at present. With the air hose I have and what
is on site, we're good. I'll remember that for
future moments, when a longer run of air hose
is needed.

Trying to use garden hose for high pressure air hose seems really silly.