Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mower deck rust

On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 1:36:44 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 17:07:59 GMT, "buckwheat"
wrote:

I am servicing/cleaning my riding mower and am seeing rust on the
deck..........what can i apply to stop or slow down the rust?

I know it is a PITA but it might help to clean off the caked on grass clippings after use, especially if they are wet. That caked on grass holds the moisture and is perfect for creating rust.

Don't use any tool that will scrape the coating or paint off the deck.

Of course make sure the blade has stopped completly before mucking around under there.

Mark