Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default what things have you replaced with wood for repair

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 5:02:30 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
in the other thread about garbage can wheel replacements of wood i realized
that i have fixed a few things with wood replacements

i had a pair of stainless sewing scissors and the handles became brittle and
broke

i traced the handles and got out the dremel tool and made new ones from
some maple scraps and they are better than new

a missing trash can flap got replaced with redwood & cedar

tool handles of course

2002 Mitsubishi Gallant

If you turned the temperature knob all the way to the coldest position, it
was hit or miss whether or not you would get any heat when you turned the
knob back towards hot. The damper doors would close at the cold position but
they wouldn't always open back up to let the heat come in.

Under the dash I found the linkage from the temperature knob to the damper
door motor. I cut a small block of wood and attached it to the linkage,
preventing the linkage from moving to the fully cold position. At the knob
end it still felt like a solid stop, but it was about 1 "line" above fully
cold on the dial.

The damper doors opened and closed properly from that point on and the
minuscule difference between true "fully cold" and my "almost fully cold"
was imperceptible.