Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

En el artículo , Chris French
escribió:

Our house (Victorian, biggish, but not unusually so) has a 3 phase
supply, though we are only connected to one of them.

Each phase is terminated with a separate terminal block, though this was
originally an overhead supply, with four separate incoming cables. Since
replaced with an single underground cable - though terminated
externally, so as to avoid the mess of bringing it indoors

The supply here is underground, terminated in a modern headend with
three 100A fuses. I've just looked more closely and the incoming cables
are the original lead-sheathed (only two of them, so this is not
actually a 3-phase supply) which has been reterminated, extended to
reach the new headend and the joints sleeved with heatshrink lined with
adhesive.

I can take pics for the wiki if anyone is interested. Not going to
fiddle too much as those old lead cables are delicate. The local 400
year old pub had a bad fire after their lead supply cable developed a
fault.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!