Default Obscure Digatron battery conditioning machine

Hi everyone,
I have on my hands a Digatron battery conditioning machine, a large
rackmount unit. Their website is at http://www.digatron.net
Basically, the unit needs to be connected to a PC running the BTS-500 or
BTS-600 client program with a serial cable. The manual that I have
describes using it with a dumb terminal, but when I connect to it with
Hyperterminal, all I get is garbage on the screen. I have tried all of
the available terminal emulation modes to no avail.

So I contacted the company and they refuse to tell me anything unless I
give them the serial number. They told me where to look and I couldn't
find it, so now they say they have no idea what it is. It is almost the
same as the machine in this photo

http://www.digatron.net/de/produkte/...od_form_114_01
_more_07.htm

Except instead of digital it has analog gauges, and instead of a DB-9
connector, it has some kind of DIN connector. But they won't help me
anymore.

This is a photo of a rack of these units:
http://www.digatron.net/images/produ.../ubt_gross.jpg

I have a much shorter rack that fits only one unit and the power switch.

Here is the page with the softwa
http://www.digatron.net/en/produkte/sw/prod_sw_6.htm

So basically my question is can anyone help me find the client software
or figure out how to use this thing with a dumb terminal?
Thanks,
Max