Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roof nail extension question

On 9/1/2015 10:33 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Go with the air hose. It is probably less expensive. As you are probably
using nail guns there is very little air used at one time. I worked in a
large plant and the air line were ran for over 1000 feet to some of the
equipment with no problems.
Just get some air hose that is reasonable size and not the 1/4 inch type.

I've got two length of Harbor Freight hose. One is
3/8, other is 1/4.

The green vinyl hose is twisty, and looks to be PIA.
The black rubber hose is much more workable.

How about the quick connect couplers? I'd guess that
to thread the hoses together with out the couplers
would be a bit of work, but would also provide better
air flow. Need a 1/4 pipe thread coupler or union.

Quick connects are convenient, but they can't be
full flow.

In a plant, seems like it should be possible to run
rigid tubing, maybe half inch galvanized. That would
help with the air flow.

-
..
Christopher A. Young