Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Roof nail extension question

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'm working with some church guys on a roof shingle
project. The compressor is in the garage, at the
power socket. There is air hose going to the air
nailer, which is in use on the roof.

A couple times, the hose was not long enough to
reach. The question was raised, should we get more
hose, or an extension cord and move the compressor?

There can be problems with air flow. There is also
voltage drop in extension cords. Which should we use?

Go with the air hose. It is probably less expensive. As you are probably
using nail guns there is very little air used at one time. I worked in a
large plant and the air line were ran for over 1000 feet to some of the
equipment with no problems.
Just get some air hose that is reasonable size and not the 1/4 inch type.