Posted to rec.woodworking
hubops hubops is offline

Default Best limb/pruning/bow saw?

I need to cut some 4-6 inch saplings for a project (shag bark hickory).
After I get the tree down, I need to limb it and clean up the brush.
because of park regulations, I can't use mechanical devices (no Stihl).
I've used a bow saw in the past but that has been truly, truly a difficult process.
Maybe the bow saw is just dull, I don't know.
I wonder if there is some excellent saw out there that really hogs out a kerf.
Thanks.

These, or anything similar ..

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...56&cat=1,41131

Note the difference between the green-wood blade vs
the dry-wood blade.

Even the cheapo versions of these will cut well.

John T