Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb[_5_] Dr. Deb[_5_] is offline

Default what things have you replaced with wood for repair

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 4:02:30 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
in the other thread about garbage can wheel replacements of wood i realized
that i have fixed a few things with wood replacements

i had a pair of stainless sewing scissors and the handles became brittle and
broke

i traced the handles and got out the dremel tool and made new ones from
some maple scraps and they are better than new

a missing trash can flap got replaced with redwood & cedar

tool handles of course

Had the plastic handle on my table saw fence break. Replaced it with a piece of Katalox (Mexican Ebony) turned on my mini lathe. Looks almost like it was original with the fence.

BTW, I used the drill the blank on the lathe, cut a 1/4" off the drilled end, chisel out for your nut in the remaining blank, epoxy back together, mount on a threaded rod and turn trick of mounting the threaded insert. At least you do not have to worry about the threaded insert backing out doing it that way.