Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil change interval

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 13:30:22 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 8/31/2015 1:17 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:27:12 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 8/31/2015 12:16 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/29/2015 1:18 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 11:47:37 -0500, Muggles wrote:

My van has an oil leak, and I'm currently in the process of looking for
an affordable part. The dealership was going to charge $590 for the
parts to fix the oil filter adapter, and about $100 in labor. Right now
I just add more oil to it occasionally.

What do you mean by "oil filter adapter"? Is this some after market
oil cooler, similar or looks like a radiator coil?

Here's a photo of the engine part that's highlighted in yellow. The
Ford dealership gave that to me.

Whoops! Forgot to paste the link:

http://picpaste.com/oLddMY9i.jpg

Have you checked the parts price at NAPA auto parts store? (not sure
what that piece is called but sure you can find it cheaper) And have
a local mechanic install it. A dealership wants you to leave your
purse

Haven't checked that particular store, yet, but I will, thanks.

My regular mechanic wouldn't do the job. Not sure why. Maybe it needs
some specific tool he doesn't have, or something along those lines.

No special tools required, and about a 40 minute job to replace after
it is on the hoist.