Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Securing 2x6 To Cinder Block?

On 8/31/2015 4:25 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Don Y:

You could explore the synthetic wood products (they're sort of
plastic like) to see how they might work.

That is what I intend to use once this thing proves itself conceptually.

I was at Home Depot today looking at deck material, but the stuff I saw
was kind of thin - maybe 3/4" actual max thickness, and not that wide.

Yes, the thickness (and price!) was my lament -- I need some 4x12's.

How about treated lumber (the stuff that's green)?

See my "Roof dry rot" thread of 8/19. J Burns suggests treating with
a borate solution may give protection. OTOH, you'll also have to deal
with salt spray...