Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT - adding without calculator

On 8/29/2015 7:32 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/29/2015 11:55 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I've been given too much money at the bank drive through and returned it. I
have people ask me why I gave the excess back? My answer is because IT'S NOT
MINE.

If it were a large sum I'd return it but for a buck or two I figure I've
probably been short changed enough by mistake that it all evens out.

A friend, here, some years ago, called us with a dilemma. Someone
(I can't recall if it was UPS, USPS, DHL, etc.) delivered a *box*
full of *CASH* to her house (no signature required -- obviously,
the delivery firm had no idea of the box's contents. Equally
obvious was the fact that the shipper hadn't wanted to *indicate*
its contents on the packing list!)

She wondered if she could keep it.

IANAL. But, the first thought out of my mind was "be careful who you open
the door for, in the coming months!" I.e., its likely that the sender
knows the address to which *he* addressed the package (unless dyslexic
and transposed some digits when writing it on the packing slip). So,
likely when "whatever" associated with that delivery is found not to
have "happened", someone is going to come looking for it!

That suggested, to me, that she might want to get some "authority"
behind her -- if only for her own protection!