Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Outside Painting Question

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 10:01:15 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Actually, I'd suggest using a Wagner paint
eater. It has a rough pad, like a super strong version of a pot
scrubbing pad. It's the best thing I've found for removing peeling
paint.

I have to disagree about the Wagner. Bought one, thinking it was a
good idea and to use on my fascia boards. The shaft broke before the
first pad wore out. Pads clog and fill-up with dust and paint
particles. I was able to wash it out with a hose. Pads were about
$15, if you needed another one. The Wager can be difficult to operate
from a ladder, and can get away -- causing circular swirl gashes in
the wood.

Fished the fascia with a DeWalt 5 in. Orbital Sander. A couple
different grits of paper (60/80?). A world of difference.

I'm sticking to my story grin