Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default technology changes

On 8/29/2015 3:18 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 05:37:40 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

one day a cyber attack will take the internet off line, and kill our
economy.

everything is networked even traffic lights, the power grid is
controlled by the net. take out the power grid will cause a cascade
failure, taking out water plants etc

Always have a backup plan. We go back to the Pony Express or Native
American smoke signals Know where to collect water, where to feed the
animals, how to build a fire and talk of the old days of life when
stuff was easy.

Mick Dodge has it figured out, if you watch _The Legend of Mick Dodge_
on Nat Geo.

I have survival training during the time in Boy scout and military
service, LOL!

Some years ago we lost power for 10 days due to weather related power
outages. We learned how to use generators real quick, although, we
already had one small generator at the time, it wasn't enough to keep us
going for 10 days. We bought a second generator and got most of the
essentials up and running. I'd even bring in outside solar garden
lighting and place the individual lights all around the house at night
so we didn't need any lighting.

--
Maggie