Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ash Burton Ash Burton is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

On 29/08/2015 16:18, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 16:14:24 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I don't think there are empty fuse carriers lying about, my father would
have said something.

Well in that case, changing to 3 phase will likely be expensive and not
necessarily based on actual cost from what I've heard others mention.

If the feed wire coming into his fusebox really is 415V, then a second
phase is just sat there. A second fuse holder and another meter won't
cost much will it?

If the supply cable is alraedy 3 phase and nuetral and still connected
as such to the street cable, the cost would negligible as the extra fuse
and meter would be provided by the DNS.

If the DNS deems a 3 phase supply to be required for the installed
capacity in a property they will weigh the cost of any work against the
revenue stream from that installation .

Meter cost are normally recovered through the tariff daily standing
charge by the ESCO, the customers chosen electricity supply provider,
which is different from the DNS (the Distribution Network Supplier)