Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default rusty van underside

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:54:02 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:33:21 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

Has anyone painted that rust rejuvnator paint on the bottom of a rusty vehicle.

I have used that stuff near my gas meter. The paint peels the lines rust, so perhaps every 5 years I knock off the heavy rust, paint on the rejuvnator stuff, and paint the lines with green paint. this time the paint on the meter has faded so bad i will paint the meter too.

it might be called rust converter/.

i am trying to get a couple more years from my old van.

I've used it on a car somewhere. It worked well. Don't know what it's
called but you find it in an auto parts store, and it used to come in a
small brown plastic bottle that was a lot wider at the bottom than at
the top, as bottles go.

They used to say that it turned the metal into plastic, but Oren's post
makes it seem they've toned down that claim.

It might be called Extend.

Loctite bought the Extend product line but still use the term
"EXTEND". Both are a rust neutralizer. The auto store has it.