Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] honda.lioness@gmail.com is offline

Default Adhesive for Shredded Rubber?

The hard rubber pad on one of my (automotive) Rhino Ramps went missing. I want to make a new one. I am thinking of stuffing shredded rubber from an old tire, rubber mulch, or floor mat into the opening with a lot of glue. Any recommendations for the adhesive?

The purpose of the pad is to minimize skidding as one drives up the ramp. It sticks out a little when there is no weight on the ramp, then compresses when the car drives onto the ramp. See http://yourautoworld.com/images/Acce...-ramp-8000.jpg (the top of the ramps shown shows the two pads) and http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...pse59fe2f8.jpg (pads are on the left).

The pad is about 2 in x 2 in x 2 in with a 3/4-inch diameter hole in the middle.