Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tdacon tdacon is offline

Default Bench grinders crap?

"Gerry" wrote in message

The Norton wheels (aluminum oxide) are pretty good, good enough that you can
quickly dress them to run true radially. Mine, on a Delta 6" variable-speed
bench grinder, don't have any significant side-to-side irregularities.

I use the dry grinder for the initial shaping of woodturning tools before
committing them to final sharpening on a wet wheel, so I want them running
pretty true. I've taken the further step of mounting the dry grinder wheels
on bushings that I get from Craft Supplies USA
(http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com). Here's a link:
https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p...et?term=raptor

One thing you should do before you blame the wheels is check the shaft on
your grinder for its own runout.

Tom