Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil Kangas[_4_] Phil Kangas[_4_] is offline

Default what things have you replaced with wood for repair

wrote in message
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 4:02:30 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

tool handles of course

Made wood handles for homemade lathe tools, shop made hammer handles, made
wood gates for metal fence (I can't weld to save my life), butts for socket
chisels, wheels for a garden cart (from pressure treated wood), made wheel
barrow handles, rigged temporary scaffold repair, cased a broken tool box
with plywood, etc.

Wood isn't much more than play dough for me. There are very few instances
where would can't be used as at least a temporary fix, and most of the time,
permanent.

Robert

How about pail handles. Drill a hole through a dowel, split it in
half lengthwise and glue it back together on the bail. Those
plastic roller handles are junk. btw, golf balls make nice file
handles too...just beware of the liquid center filled ones.