Posted to alt.home.repair

Default analog versus digital time

[snip]

"Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives
Willingly" where

s/Violet/Virgins/

That sounds better, although there do seem to be a lot of variations on
that saying.

[snip]

My "cream my pants" idea would be to *levitate* BOWLING BALLS to
varying heights depending on the current time. Yeah, it's relatively
easy to do this with ping-pong balls, etc. What would make *this*
impressive would be the fact that lifting and suspending 8-10 pound
balls would, itself, be a significant technical challenge!

(anyone have some extra Flubber to spare??)

One clock I have seen had an alarm where when it starts ringing a piece
detaches itself from the top of the clock and runs around the room. You
have to catch it and return it to the clock to stop the loud ringing.
It's hard to ignore that alarm.

BTW, the alarm clock I used in college was NOT next to my bed and had NO
snooze button. These things would make it easier to cheat.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It is sad, but in the USA today the ignorant think everything is an
opinion and this somehow levels the playing field." -- Christopher A.
Lee, alt.atheism