Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C Blower works on low speed only

On 8/28/2015 5:00 PM, wrote:
Thanks to both of you. I was at my daughter's the other day but now I'm back home. I forwarded your advice to her. She has a friend who is pretty electric-knowledgeable and hopefully he will be able to help. For the cost of a capacitor it's worth trying a fix; although if Stormin's comment is correct about storm damage, that might be a different story.

The tech should unplug the unit. Take the plastic
face plate off, and then a couple screws that hold
together the compartment with the selector and
thermostat. The run cap should be in that little
compartment. Good idea to tag or label the wires,
and note the colors before removing any.

--
..
Christopher A. Young