Posted to rec.woodworking

Default what things have you replaced with wood for repair

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 4:02:30 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

tool handles of course

Made wood handles for homemade lathe tools, shop made hammer handles, made wood gates for metal fence (I can't weld to save my life), butts for socket chisels, wheels for a garden cart (from pressure treated wood), made wheel barrow handles, rigged temporary scaffold repair, cased a broken tool box with plywood, etc.

Wood isn't much more than play dough for me. There are very few instances where would can't be used as at least a temporary fix, and most of the time, permanent.

Robert