Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Garrett Fulton[_2_] Garrett Fulton[_2_] is offline

Default OT, What to do with books? Help

On 2015-08-30, Rex wrote:
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 9:18:39 PM UTC-5, Garrett Fulton wrote:

Got a basement full of training, line maint. component locator,
wiring manual/schematics for L-1011 Tristar, B-747, B-727, Lockheed
Electra, DC-6A/B, and on and on. Nobody even uses most of these old
airliners anymore, but fixing them every day was my life. If I could
find any tech. school that could use them, that would be a good cause.
But haven't had any luck and just can't bring myself to throw them out.
But I never considered ebay. Might work, and go to somebody that wanted
them.

Hmm ... I didn't see the original of this -- just the quoted
part shown here. However, I've been trying to find documentation of the
pinouts in one particular instrument (picked up at a hamfest, and going
into my project of building a flight simulator).

The instrument is a HSI from an A6 based on the tape stuck to it
when I got it -- military at least. And it looks like the one in the
A7-A which I am trying to duplicate. (I was one of those working (as an
"assembler") in building such a simulator decades ago, and two employees
ago. (Now retired. :-)

The model is: Indicator P/O AF/A24J-1
522-2411-003
Mfr: 13499

Trying to trace it out, I find what looks like some pins
connected to synchros, and some to resolvers, but it would help greatly
if I knew what was what, so I could design computer interfaces to drive
it.

I was lucky enough to find the procurement description of the
three-axis ADI which also matches what the A7-A had), so I can talk to
it properly now.

My e-mail needs to be fixed as shown in the .sig below (hope
your news client does not hide it). I can't see your e-mail address
from what was quoted -- even assuming that it is a valid one.

So -- if you have something which documents this instrument, I
would be happy to pay you for it. Everything you mention is commercial
aircraft, but who knows what else you might have. :-)

Thanks much,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Sorry, sir. I've got nothing military in my literature.