Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default connecting wall valve to ballcock

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 30 Aug 2015 11:14:28 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 8/30/2015 10:18 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 30 Aug 2015 08:46:33 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

I've used those "braided stainless" flex hoses sold for water heaters a couple
times. 3 out of the 4 hoses sprung leaks within a few years. The braided
stainless is all for show, because the interior of the hose is made of junk that
quickly springs leaks.

Dang. And I know you're not an idiot. Maybe water heater hoses are
hot all the time and don't last as long as washing machine hoses?

P.S. I thought about flexible, so I'm glad I made a point to use
copper for my water heater.

Use the "corrugated" (? no idea what they are called... have lots of

You're right. It was the corrugated I was considering. I dont' think
they made braided for water heaters a few years ago or at least I didn't
know about it.

So youre saying the corrugated won't burst like the braided stainless
flex hoses for water heaters did for Bob F?

little "ribs" in them to let them flex) "pipes". Put the shutoffs
upstream from these (as well as upstream from any expansion tank
you've installed).