Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default analog versus digital time

One of the aeromodeller magazines I had as a teenager had drawings for
making a pulse jet but unfortunately I didn't have the equipment needed
(lathe, for example) to make it. I've never even heard one, but the
description of its sound caught my interest.

The word that comes to mind is 'loud', like 140 dB.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...on_System.html

For only US$99 you can do to your hearing what all those rock concerts
never could. That one has a flapper valve but you can find plans for
valveless designs. They're even worse since operation depends on setting
up resonance in the plumbing but are somewhat easier to build.