Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil change interval

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 8:56:45 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 08/29/2015 07:00 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Back then yhou had to work on cars more often. Now outside of oil, brakes,
tires, filters and lights there is nothing to do for around the first
100,000 miles.
The old cars required work every 10,000 or less.

Yeah, I've got a dwell tach, timing light, and vacuum/pressure gauge
that are getting really lonely. I checked the valve gap on one of the
bikes a few weeks ago just for old times' sake but they were good.

The last time I installed spark plugs, the darn things had two side electrodes with platinum in groves in them and a platinum tipped center electrode. I think it was back in 2009 and the engine, a 318, always cranks and runs smoothly. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Plug Monster