Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil change interval

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 14:49:16 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/29/2015 4:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I'd take my vehicles out on the interstate for exercise on a regular
basis and blow them out. I'd make several full throttle runs to burn
the carbon off the plugs until the engine ran more smoothly. Even a
horse needs exercise. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Car Monster

Yeah, wasn't 1960 a great year? Clean the p lugs at 5000 miles and
replace them at 10 thousand. Now you can easily go 100,000 on a plug.

Moving back little more, carb. and point and rotor cap time.
Adjusting dwell and timing with strobe light. Back little further
wrestling with generators, electro-mechanical regulators....
playing with carb. floats, tweaking mixture adj. screw, etc.
Today's cars are running much hotter than olden days. (more efficient)

Actually, they are running at the same temperature as in the
seventies - possibly cooler. In the seventies we ran 195 stats most of
the time. Today's engines rin 190-195.