Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Need to make a THIN stylus for an iPad (that doesn't cost $75)

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015, Kenny wrote:

See differences between resistive and capacitive touchscreens:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/differe...uchscreens-si/
Assuming iPad is capacitive loads of links for making your own:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...FLGd7gbrpbiACQ

Kenny

"ceg" wrote in message ...

A THIN stylus for the iPad seems to cost over $75:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/...ative-stylus-2
http://www.adonit.net

Since a stylus should be pretty simple sans moving parts, how does it
work and, more importantly, can we craft one out of readily available
materials that has a thin (pen-like) point?

First you have to determine what the pad uses.

My Blackberry Playbook uses some odd system, nothing I tried or cooked up
worked. My Microsoft Surface 2, however, seems to not be picky, I can use
a 1.99 stylus from the dollar store.

Michael