Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, What to do with books? Help

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 7:20:12 AM UTC-4, George wrote:

Same problem. I have been donating mine to the local library and taking
a tax deduction. They have a book fair a couple of times a year so I
have the hope they go to a good home.

I help at the local friends of the library book sale ( and get to see what is for sale before the general public ). But the sad thing is that they have no technical books at the sale. They do not believe anyone wants old tech books.

I think it is far better to either sell them your self thru ABE or Alibris. Or look on ABE and Alibris and find a seller who is close to you. They may not give you anything or not very much, but the books will go to someone that wants them.

If you do sell them yourself , let us know so we can consider buying some.

Dan