Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default OT, What to do with textbooks? Help

On 08/29/2015 06:17 PM, Don Y wrote:
I dropped all my paperbacks (80 "ten-ream copier paper boxes") off
at the local library in the hope that they can sell them for $0.25
a piece and use the money for something worthwhile. At the very
least, *reward* patrons who drop in by giving them a "deal" on
those titles.

That's where most donated materials wind up at the local library. I
volunteered at a library that was culling its book. The reality is shelf
space is limited so they strive to use it most effectively. One of the
criteria was it had to be in Books in Print. That seemed backwards to me
but so it went. I got an entire collection of John Burroughs, a late
19th early 20th century naturalist from the project. I considered it a
treasure; the library considered it two feet of shelf space for books no
one would ever read.