Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default oil change interval

On 08/29/2015 03:22 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Heck some of the new engines have a separate coil plugged directly on to each spark plug. No more spark plug wires or distributor. ^_^

Yep. I'm one of those people that open the hood when I'm looking at a
new car to make sure I can work on the thing. The Yaris has a polymer
cover over the top of the engine and I assumed the plug wires were
hiding under it, not wanting to start taking the car apart with the
salesman standing there. closer inspection after the purchase showed
there was nothing under there but 4 little plugs with their individual,
computer controlled, coils. At least I could see all 4 lined up in a
row. I have bad memories of cars where only 6 or 7 of the 8 were accessible.