Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default oil change interval

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/29/2015 4:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I'd take my vehicles out on the interstate for exercise on a regular
basis and blow them out. I'd make several full throttle runs to burn
the carbon off the plugs until the engine ran more smoothly. Even a
horse needs exercise. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Car Monster

Yeah, wasn't 1960 a great year? Clean the p lugs at 5000 miles and
replace them at 10 thousand. Now you can easily go 100,000 on a plug.

Moving back little more, carb. and point and rotor cap time.
Adjusting dwell and timing with strobe light. Back little further
wrestling with generators, electro-mechanical regulators....
playing with carb. floats, tweaking mixture adj. screw, etc.
Today's cars are running much hotter than olden days. (more efficient)