Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:50:30 +0100, wrote:

On Saturday, 29 August 2015 20:34:07 UTC+1, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
I don't what the English rules are, but up here in Scotland we don't do
certificates, especially not for just fitting a shower.

The rules, i.e. BS7671 Wiring Regulations or an equivalent level of safety, are the same in Scotland and England.

Notification to Building Control is slightly different, but the requirements for wiring are the same.

Well I've never heard of any sparkys here bothering with that rubbish. Maybe for a whole rewiring so you can use the document when selling the house, but who cares about a shower?

--
More and more cities are instituting a 10:30 PM curfew for everyone younger than 18.
Experts say keeping teens indoors at night is the only way to make the streets safe for adults.