Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default oil change interval

rbowman wrote:
On 08/29/2015 09:53 AM, Don Y wrote:
My uncle had a "forgot to tighten the drain plug" experience.
Engine seized up on the way home. He was anything *but*
pleased!

The sneakier version is the 'cross thread the drain plug' one. That
makes additional revenue for the parts stores selling the drain plug
repair kits.

So far we're all reviewing/refreshing common sense knowledge
gained over time. Sign of us getting old? I quit doing all
those things crawling under car. Buy a new car, visit dealer
when service code comes on. Drive until odometer hits ~200K miles,
go buy another car trading in the old one. I have two more new
cars to buy now. One for me, one for wife.
Now I have to go, get med. exam. to renew my license for another 5 years.