Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Securing 2x6 To Cinder Block?

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 13:14:49 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Kayak storage on the beach.

Kind of like this:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1081497...81736115293042
except replacing the two pavers under each 2x6 with a cinder block.

I would like to secure the 2x6's to the cinder blocks so the boards
don't squirm around when loading/positioning the kayak.

I am thinking two blue masonry screws at each contact area. But a
little voice is saying "That's fine for just hanging something but in
this case they will split the cinder blocks when torque is applied"

How does this sound to Those Who Know?

Push-comes-to-shove, lashing.

Better solutions?

You can use tap cons but they do not really hold that well in concrete
blocks. The block is too soft. Squirting some epoxy in the hole and
then snugging up the tap con is better.