Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

"ARW" wrote in message
How more helpful could I be? I said that the cutout gives the electrical
installer the info needed to fill in an installation certificate, does
that make me ill mannered and unhelpful?

You could explain what info is contained on the cutout that is not
discernable at the consumer unit, and what info is legally required on a
certificate of installation. I for one have no idea what a cutout is,
despite having done a degree in electrical/electronic engineering. Maybe
it's common knowledge amongst electrical installers - but some of us aren't,
despite having more general technical knowledge.

It is better to give people info that they may or may not know than assume
that they know it and get cross when they don't.

Sorry to go on about it but it's a pet hate of mine - people who say to me
"you're doing it wrong - but I can't be bothered to explain where/why you're
wrong or what I want you to do differently" - and I was defending the OP who
I could sense was getting similarly narked.

It's like those people who say "just google it" without saying what phrase
will return just the relevant answers without lots of other guff.