Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

On 29/08/2015 16:35, newshound wrote:
On 29/08/2015 15:07, Fredxxx wrote:
On 29/08/2015 14:59, newshound wrote:
On 29/08/2015 12:39, ARW wrote:
"newshound" wrote in message
On 29/08/2015 10:57, ARW wrote:

BTW rental properties with a 3 phase supply are in demand for those
that
like to grow plants.

There are two unmetered phases available and all that is stopping you
using them is two meter seals and a two missing fuses.

Is that right? My house (and the others in the street) originally had
a single phase overhead supply, it now has an underground one.

I'd assumed that this SWA was single phase,

It will not be SWA.

Well it looked fat enough to me to be SWA but it isn't magnetic, so fair
enough.

You still havn't answered the question, do you think I have three phases
coming into the master fuse block?

If you hacksaw into it, you might be able to see how many conductors
there are.

Report back when you've counted them.

I think I asked a perfectly reasonable question. Adam seemed to be
asserting that the cabling was there to the board, which surprised me a
little.

Apologies, I initially thought I was reply to woosyguy's post!

To be honest the only way you could tell would be from the size of the
cable entering the building and it's type and rating.

I would have thought each phase would have been properly terminated and
not just cut.