Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 415V sticker in household meter box

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 18:28:07 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 18:15:32 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 17:20:18 +0100, ARW

wrote:

I have no reason to believe a sparky went in there, all a sparky did
was
fit an electric shower, switching off the master switch on the
fusebox
inside the house would have sufficed.

Well the sparks would need to see what sort of supply it was if he
was
going
to fill in an electrical installation certificate for the shower.

What information could he possibly get from the meter box that would
be
applicable to installing a shower? Everything he needs to connect to
is
in the consumer unit, and labelled for him.

Let's see.

Type of supply (ie earthing arrangements),

The earth will be available in the consumer unit. He connects to that,
not in the meter box.

number and type of live conductors,

You can see in the consumer unit what is available. In this case, one
100A 240V conductor.

details of protective device.

Which is in the consumer unit.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Have a look at an electrical installation certificate.

Haven't got one, you tell me, you're the electrician. There is no reason
to need anything other than access to earth, live, neutral, see what
breakers are there or fit one, and check the amperage is sufficient.

I have already told you. You need info from the cutout. The CU info means
**** all to your question

--
Adam