Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dusty dusty is offline

Default Ripped out antenna input plug

Jeff wrote:
On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:00:58 -0500, "dusty" wrote:
Jeff wrote:
On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:26:26 -0500, "dusty" wrote:
32 inch Insignia flat screen TV.
I guess it doesn't have a model number. Could you be a little less
vague?

model # NS-L32Q-10A

You can buy the tuner can and just drop (or solder) it in place.
Search eBay and other sources for the number on the tuner.
Or, just replace the entire board:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/371414946277
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281659047280
or others for more money.
Inside the shiny square box, where the connector is ripped out,
the small circuit board is broken in several places. Sorry the
pictures weren't better.

If the board is cracked, it might be possible to epoxy it back
together, and solder the traces back together. However, if the traces
and cracks extend under components, there may be othe damage. Since
this might easily be a waste of time, it's probably best to replace
the tuner can, or the entire board.
I'll call around and see if someone can
fix it. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to drive 100 miles to find
someone who can fix it.

Have the replacement main board shipped to you via UPS, USPS, Fedex,
etc. Much easier than driving 100 miles. I don't think there will be
any soldering if your replace the entire main board. Just connector
juggling. Be sure to take a photo of what it looks like before you
start as mixing up connectors, shields, brackets, and hardware is not
a good idea.
Those slip on connectors are a good idea.

Yep. I wish they made something similar for RJ45 (ethernet)
connectors. Good luck with the repair.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

wow, eBay has everything. I'll order a board after I check the
exact part number I need. I ordered some slip connectors.
You've helped me a lot, I appreciate it very much.

Thank you
Dusty