Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What's this piece of furniture called/worth?

On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 10:54:34 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:02:14 -0700 (PDT)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

My daughter inherited this piece of furniture from the former tenants
of the house she is renting at college. She doesn't want it and was
thinking of putting it on Craigslist.

another guess
a barber cabinet

I did not mean to imply in my previous post that you are incorrect. I DAGS for images of barber cabinets and cubbies and other small storage areas were a common feature, as was the tall, narrow design.

Your guess has merit.

any evidence where a strop was attached

is there any evidence on the back that a mirror was attached at one time

usually there would be a mirror attached

you cannot have too many mirrors in a barber shop