Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ripped out antenna input plug

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:26:26 -0500, "dusty" wrote:

32 inch Insignia flat screen TV.

I guess it doesn't have a model number. Could you be a little less
vague?

My big feet tripped over the antenna cable, ripping out
the input where the cable screws on.

Next time, use a push on F connector or adapter. It's a common
problem. Power cords and phono jacks are protected by easily
disconnecting.
https://www.google.com/search?q=push+on+f+connector+adapter&tbm=isch

I took off the back hoping it would be a simple solder
job, no luck. The little circuit board is broken.
How much trouble would it be to fix?
Appx, how much would it cost to fix?
How long would it take to fix?
I attached a link to some pictures.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/610z20tqn...YXoykuVEa?dl=0
Thanks for any information.

I think anyone that knows which end of the soldering iron to grap can
probably put Humpty Dumpty back together again. It's mostly a matter
of your carrying the TV to the repair person or shop, removing the
shield can, doing whatever it takes to resolder the connector, putting
it back together, and check for other common problems (i.e. bulging
caps). I would guess about 30-45 mins work and testing, assuming you
don't need any other repairs. All your photos are out of focus and
too far away, so I can't be more specific. Looks like the center pad
might have ripped off, so there will be some PCB trace work involved.
For cost, just ask for how much shop time costs.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D