Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default Moving a 2-Story House

In rbowman writes:

On 08/28/2015 04:02 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I'm thinking, with four pickup truck, four bottle jacks, and a case of
beer we could get it done on a Saturday.

Sounds like moving boats around in Maine. On one trip I was up on the
bridge with a broom easing the wires over the top. The phone and
electrical wires were okay but the cable guys had skimped on the height
requirements. Oh, well, they could come out Monday and replace the ones
I missed.

Boats are more challenging with the keels and all. Houses are a piece of
cake. Thing is, those bottle jacks don't have enough travel so you have
to jack, block, jack, block and so forth, which cuts into the Budweiser
time. The screw type house jacks have the same problem. What you want
are four sturdy farm jacks. Four of those and a fat enough ass and you
can move the world.

Or you can always get Sweetums from the original Muppet Movie..

("Jack not name. Jack job!")

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sweetums