Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

Default Kindling for the Fire

I remember, when I was a kid, we had a veggy tray from an old fridge
that we used for draining the oil from the engine when we changed oil.
One time we had some oil in it out in the back yard and I decided to
see if it would burn, so I wadded up a sheet of newspaper and lit it,
and tossed it in the pan. Well nothing much happened at first, the
paper just acted as a candle wick, and kept burning. But the oil
started getting hotter and finally started burning too. The flames
started getting bigger, so I decided it was time to put the fire out.
So I turned the water hose on the pan. WHOA-HO-HO! Big mistake! The
flames shot up ten or fifteen feet! What a conflagration! The water
hit the boiling oil and turned to steam, and that was like blowing air
on the oil. Nice way to get scalded and burned. So I learned a
lesson: never put water on burning oil. Later I learned that it
doesn't work with magnesium, too. :-P

So here's some kindling for the fire.
http://www.rfcafe.com/references/ele...ctrocution.htm
I like starting a fire here once in a while, but it usually turns into
something of a totally different topic, and the bozos don't have the
courtesy to change the subject line so it just keeps on burning, and
burning...

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@