Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default LED Light Bulbs now cheaper than Incandescent

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/24/2015 04:00 PM, Robert Green wrote:
Punishing a bad guy's family is very profitable, as the English Tudor

kings
discovered. Yesterday it was Castle Bowman, today it's castle Green.
Tomorrow it's whomever didn't **** the king off's castle. A very

powerful
motive for not effing with the King. Was it "History of the World"

where he
says: "Aahhh! It's good to be the king."

Reforming the religion is also good. Thomas Cromwell and his cronies
made a bundle out of the confiscated Church property and Henry got a new
punch. It didn't turn out too well for Tommy.

A lot of the King's ministers, his wifes, his mistresses and their friends
and relatives all misplaced their heads involuntarily. IIRC, a few even got
drawn and quartered although I think even the king could not visit that
punishment on the nobility - only commoners. I do believe on rare occasions
he did "denobilize" someone to visit some horrible punishment on them. A
few even got hanged in chains and were then left to rot in place. That's
got to smell something awful. Just like radios have magic smoke in them,
humans have magic stink that escapes when they day (and for days afterward).

Too bad they didn't round
up all the Cromwells and execute them, saving the world from Oliver.

Do you think anyone named Cromwell has been elected to British office since
then? I would imagine it would be like Atlanta where very few Shermans are
to be found in the phonebook (or were, when I last looked 40 years ago).

--
Bobby G.