Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/25/2015 9:34 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Robert Green:

I could even bring myself to vote for Trump. He's light years smarter than
Palin and has recovered from four bankruptcies so he's got some sort of
financial talents. I also believe if he gets in, he'll actually govern far
more sanely than his rhetoric would imply. Electing Trump, especially as an
independent, would definitely send a message to both parties that the voters
are tired of the same old "pay to play" politics.

I heard one of the stand-up comics riff on that possibility. Mainly he
went back to the ludicrousness (at the time) of the idea of a movie
actor becoming president.

But I think Trump has excess baggage compared to Reagan - or just about
anybody else, for that matter.

In the Atlantic City area I think there are enough former small
contractors who were ruined when they did jobs for Trump and then Trump
simply told them flat-out "I'm not going to pay you, period...." that
trotting them out on national TV would, IMHO, make whatever electablity
he may have plummet.

Sooner or later, the adults will step in and direct attention towards
issues that will effectively cut his legs out from under him. His
problem is: he has too big a mouth so has said too much that is
now a matter of public record. Any *thinking* voter will eventually get
nervous: well, he's saying what I want to hear, NOW, but he's said
other things as recently as...; what's to stop him from flip-flopping
yet again (and leaving me STUCK with exactly the thing I want LEAST?)