Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 1:23:04 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:
On 8/24/2015 10:22 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

There's a lot of difference in a guest worker and an illegal alien.

Guest worker can't give birth to a US citizen (while here LEGALLY)?
Guest worker can't avail itself of (unpaid) emergency medical services?
Guest worker can't drive a motor vehicle?
Guest worker can't get into an accident w/o insurance?
Guest worker can't rob a store?

etc.

You edited my post to leave the most important points at the bottom. I have a feeling that Congress is going to be forced to pass legislation specifically outlawing "Anchor Babies" even though "birthright citizenship" is being given to babies born to illegal invaders. I've been hearing all kinds of arguments about the legality of birthright citizenship because it is under the jurisdiction of government based on the Citizenship Clause. Tell the criminals who are criminals because they violated the law by entering the country without the permission of the government to STFU, go home and take your spawn with you. I'd like to see the whole thing settled by Congress to get rid of any ambiguity. In the past, guest workers were brought into the country to help harvest crops, make their money then go back home. The problems came about because the government FAILED TO ENFORCE EXISTING LAWS. Enforce the fraking law and get those criminal invaders out of my country. I wonder what would happen if there was a bounty put on the heads of illegal aliens? Have those FEMA camps turned into concentration camps for illegal aliens where any real citizen of any of The United States can turn in a captured illegal invader and receive payment for each one. I'll bet legal immigrants from South of the border would capture illegals to collect the bounty and fill up those camps in no time at all. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Mean Monster

In all practical terms, "guest worker" presents the same set of
"problems" that illegal aliens do. But, they've been "blessed"
by a system that winks when someone CLAIMS they can't find US
citizens to do the work.

If that is REALLY REALLY true, you wouldn't mind putting up a BOND
for each guest worker that you employ? That bond would cover any
expenses/damages that the worker incurs while in this country
"legally".

E.g., if they need hospitalization, the BOND will pay for those expenses
if (when) the guest worker skips out.

If they get in a car wreck, the BOND will cover the lawsuit filed
against the guest worker (even in absentia).

If they commit a crime and end up incarcerated, the BOND will
pay the costs of housing them in that detention facility.

etc. After all, the reason they are here is because you COULD NOT get
US citizens to do the work for you. So, without them, you'd be OUT OF
BUSINESS! Surely, you'd not hesitate to ensure the taxpayer doesn't
end up footing the bill for ancillary costs associated with your guest
worker's presence, here?

Of course, knowing that all he has to do (when he gets in a car wreck)
is just shrug and turn over the "BOND identification" to the
injured driver, you can *bet* there will be a fair number of claims
on those bonds!

Then, employers who make bad choices in the particular workers to whom
they give "guest" status will see their bonding costs increase! Those
employers that exercise more care in their choices, won't!

I.e., THE MARKET sorts out the mess and penalizes those who should be
(not the taxpayers!)

Guest
workers have permission to be in the country for a limited period of time
such as for harvesting crops. It worked well in the past before the feds
dropped the ball on immigration. Park rangers will tell you,"Don't feed the
bears." Illegal aliens will self deport if there's no way for them to make
money. If the government will really go after employers who hire illegals,
making the risk of being caught serious enough, those businesses will stop
doing it. Have you ever wondered why the federal government will go after a
citizen rather than an illegal alien? It's because it's easier to find a
FRACKING CITIZEN! Lock up the food so the bears can't get to it and they'll
go away. o_O