Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 14.5 hp OHV Won't Turn Over Unless Plug Removed - Electric Start

"Rowan Pope" wrote in message
Since small particles of junk in the fuel can cause a carburetor to fail,
every gas engine should have a fuel filter.
In-line filters for small engines can be had for a couple bucks and can be
installed by any trunk monkey of average intelligence.

I have a chain saw that has a filter at the end of the pickup tube for the
gas. It broke off at the end of the tube. The carborator cloged up twice
before I found that filter off the tube.